Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Frat Boy Bummer



The home my family owned growing up was a "twin" the the one next door exactly the same. They both had a large overhanging roof big enough to walk on, and I used to climb out my window and read up there. This wasn't a problem except for one thing: the two homes were less than 6 feet apart from each other. Even as a teenager, I could stand between both houses, hold out my arms, and touch the side of each house. The twin house was being rented by a bunch of college guys.

One night I heard a cop car. I could hear the cops saying there was a complaint of noise and possible underage drinking. Except that it looked like the only people home were these 4 guys. Then I heard a noise outside my bedroom window. I looked out to the twin homes window, and realized that there were dozens of shadows on the roof! These guys had a bunch of underage kids over, and when the cops showed up, they sent them out onto the roof to hide. I guess they didn't see me looking, because they started jumping across to OUR roof and hiding on the top of our house!!!

Right then, my dad came running in.

"What the hell sounds like dozens of people running around on our roof?!?"

"Dozens of people running around on our roof" I said.

He looked out, and as none of the kids had realized that we could HEAR them yet, went down to speak with the officers. One came up and stood by my window, and one stood on the other side. Then they both stuck their head out.

The kids, completely freaked out, did what they expected...they started jumping off the roof. It was actually not that high, and they were laughing at their getaway....until they realized there were a few more officers on the ground waiting to cuff them as they landed. The cops stood there counting how many they each caught, and everyone in the neighborhood was out by now laughing at the situation.

The frat boys were gone by the end of the week.

---Contribution by H.

No comments:

Post a Comment