Tuesday, September 15, 2009

Drag Me to Heck




I grew up in a very small town, with a main street and everything. From the day we moved in, when I was just a year old, my family had encounters with the family across the street from us.

They had a daughter a year younger than me, and it turned out she wasn't entirely mentally stable. She would ask me to play, and the next day threaten me, saying she "knew what was said". Most of the time, I never knew what she was talking about.

By the time I was in high school, we barely had contact, but for some reason she told people I was her "best friend for life". Then one evening she showed up at my front door. My mom answered and she started in very quickly.

"Tell your daughter that I don't care if she thinks she's my best friend. I'm going to kick her ass all over this town. You hear me? I'm going to kill her." Of course, my mom had no idea what was going on, and asked her what was going on. I could hear them talking, so I walked out to the front door. When she saw me, she smiled and grabbed me in a hug.

"You know we're best friends, right? But I know you were talking to Melissa. So I'm going to have to kill you".

She held out her hands, looked up in the air, and spit straight up. Then she started to spin and chant. Finally, she leaned an inch from my face and opened her eyes as wide as she could. Then she stepped back, smiled at me, and thanked my mom for giving me the message.

"I just gave you the evil eye. I had to curse you. I'm sorry. I will come to your funeral, though. We'll always be best friends".

My mom and I just stood there staring at her. Then we lost it in laughter, doubled over on the front porch.

The "evil eye" never took effect.


---Courtesy of Me

No comments:

Post a Comment